f a l l i n g i n l o v e . . .




Monday, December 8, 2008

..::|| sacrifices... ||::..

totally random and sudden emo post...

deal with it...

Yesterday, had a major argument with me dad out of the blue... probably because we hadn't had like a major drama moment la... so yup... anyway

it started out when me dad ask me to give some money to me brother as in like some pocket money la since i got my salary already...

Cut long story short, i said like can you guys like chillax first... i haven't even enjoy it yet you guys are like demanding for it already... like seriously...

me mom wants Rm 200 and dad the same... then like there's christmas shopping and not to mention my own like retail therapy... so yea, lets just say my salary doesn't have the capacity to support much...

then me dad said that i'm selfish and stuff... i was kinda shock and a bit insulted in a way... sorta... so yesterday night didn't end well...

Then this morning started with a few silent greets and small conversations... then after church and during lunch... the awkwardness sorta lifted and we started talking again...

it's kinda ok already now as in like he's not giving the silent treatment... which is good la...

then me dad and bro rented like this singapore movie called

"Money no enough II"

such a tear-jerker movie man... so many scenes that can seriously make you cry like a fountain... although there is this one particular scene which totally like slap me in the face and like major wake up call la...

so... how does this movie and the argument i had with my dad have in common?

It make me evaluate again my values towards my family...

Although i had a revelation about the way i felt about my family before... this is a totally different revelation...

It taught me that how much my family have sacrifice their lives to raise my brothers and myself up...

the meals they have to give up just so i can have a brand new game station

the clothes they never get to buy because i want a better looking top

the KFC crisspy skins they save for me to enjoy

the ice-cream they always love to eat but gave me instead

the money for their own enjoyment yet gave it to me just so i can go out with my friends

and will i do the same for them when they are old?!
when they are incapable of taking care of themselves?!
when they can't go to toilet without any assistance?!
when they have to be in constant care 24/7?!

Will i send them to the old folks home?
will i hire maid to take care of them?
will i give half of my salary just so they can enjoy the life they sacrificed away?

What will i do?!

I realise that the argument i had with my dad was not completely random... it was a major wake up call for me as i was having this thought that the salary in my bank account was all my own... in fact not even half of it i deserve it...

So what should i do with it?!

- Belanja my parents and brothers a majorly awesome feast!
- Buy christmas pressie...
>dad = watch @ books
>mom = wine or liqour (i have a drinking kaki! =P)
>alan & alvin = no idea... but i'll think of something...
-and last but not least... retail therapy for myself but if my calculation is correct... most likely i can only afford a scarf... o.O

Oh well... at least others are happy... that's what christmas is all about isn't it?!

Time to give!!!



Paul Wong... totallysortabrokeevenbeforespending-ly OUT!!!

No comments: